The men’s tennis ladder will officially start on June 1, 2015. The initial seeding will be random based on registrations received by June 1st or if you join after June 1st, you will automatically be added to the bottom of the ladder. The full rules are below.
1. To register for the men’s tennis ladder, e-mail the ladder coordinator, Brad Salmon at [email protected]. Brad will put you into the ladder and send you the ladder website and login information for updating the site.
2. The season will run from June 1 to September 1. Depending on the number of registrants, a playoff may be held for the top 4-8 players who have played at least 5 legal matches during the season.
3. You may only issue one challenge at a time.
4. You can only be challenged by one player at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you.
5. You may challenge up to 3 spots above you.
6. If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenged and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
7. When a challenge occurs, players must play the challenge within 10 days.
9. If you cannot play within 10 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the challenger will be awarded the win and can move on. If you cannot accept the challenge due to an outstanding challenge, the challenge can be denied without penalty.
11. Both players should bring a new can of balls to the match with the winner keeping the un-opened can.
12. The winner of the match is responsible for reporting the results on www.hickoryhillmenstennisladder.webs.com within 24 hours.
14. All matches will be best 2 of 3 sets with 7 point tie-breaker when necessary.
15. The rules will be interpreted and disputes between players will be settled at the sole discretion of the ladder coordinator.
16. As is prudent in any recreational activity, and especially when involved with others, players should exercise due care in their involvement in a challenge ladder. The operators of the ladder cannot be responsible for injury to players or others, damage to property, or other liability arising out of membership in and use of the challenge ladder. By participating in a challenge ladder, each player accepts and agrees to abide by its rules.
Please contact your ladder coordinator, Brad Salmon at [email protected] or at (716)812-1580 if you have any questions.